Monday, July 9, 2012

Coin sides that coincide

I'll admit, I've been suffering from a case of identity crisis. I've been in transition from being Sister Park for 18 months as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, back to being Kelsea, a girl with high hopes from Orem Utah. Already an introspective person, I would think that I would be comfortable with this stage of self-discovery. But for some reason I have struggled as I've tried to build myself again with the mold of who I've become and who I've been. Maybe it's because I'm fearful of what the finished product will be.. or failures along the way. But of course, my loving Father in Heaven has been so aware of me and my uncertainties, and He never ceases to remind me that He is there and that He loves me and is always by my side to uphold and guide me. Therefore as I opened an old journal from before my mission I was surprised to see this sticker pop out at me as a tender reminder of my identity as a daughter of God.

Also. This weekend I was able to visit the one and only imperial valley California. Where I had the great privilege to finish my mission. It was amazing to be able to have two realities become one. It was surreal to be driving the same streets but instead of my dear friend Sister Bingham I had my wonderful mother, aunt, and cousin in the car with me. We drove past the Palm Springs wind farms and they were beauuuutifully majestic! I had the absolute honor of being asked to bear my testimony of Jesus Christ at 8 baptisms of those that I taught and love! Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I love that too how it goes a long with a mormon profile like my name is kelsea/sister park and I'm a Mormon :)

    ReplyDelete